Saturday, June 7, 2008

Gift Idea for Your Bridesmaids, It's All In The Bag

Choosing gifts for your Bridesmaids, either you know exactly what you’re getting them or you don’t have the slightest idea at all. There’s the usual gifts of course…jewelry they’ll wear the day of the wedding (and hopefully after it as well), trinket boxes, picture frames…but you don’t want to do what everyone else does. You want to do something different, something unique, for your girls.

So I want to share something fantastic with you! I know just the thing for you to give to your bridesmaids’. A Venezie (that’s Ven-Zee) Bag! What is a Venezie Bag? It's a custom made handbag designed by you. You pick the style of bag, you pick the fabrics, you pick the “extras”, all with the ease of online ordering.

If you’re wondering why I am raving about these there are two reasons. First, I have SEVEN of them (that's a picture I took to use in her customer gallery), and a business card holder (or use it for change if that suits you better), oh and a checkbook cover too! I actually have a wallet in mind as well as 3 more bags. Insane right? Not really. Since they’re so versatile and come in an array of sizes, you really can’t have too many. Well if you’re like me you feel you can never have too many handbags in general, just like you can never have too many shoes! I have a shoe fetish too, but that’s another story altogether!
Back to the bags! I have the Kingston, which is the largest tote, and I love it. I can fit so much in it, it’s fantastic for bringing work places when I need to (also works as an overnight bag, or a beach tote), I have a Windsor, a Newport, and then the remaining bags are made up of Chathams & Hamptons. I honestly have a hard time deciding which one I’ll use on a regular basis. There's a variety of fabric choices & a gallery of bags other customer's created and she just added a new style! So head on over there and check it all out!

The greatest thing about these is you can suit them to your personality & lifestyle (or in this case, that of your bridesmaids’). This is something they’ll always remember, I mean it’s a custom made bag you designed specifically for them, how can they not remember it? If you're not sure what style they would like, think about what type of bag they usually carry, if they're more neutral, or have lots of color & bold prints? Do they travel often for work or bring work to and from the office a lot? Kingston it is! Do they go out a lot that they’d love a smaller bag? Go for the Rockport or a clutch! The middle size bags are pretty roomy as well so look at a ruler to really get an idea of the size. If you're just too nervous about picking it out yourself you could always get them a gift certificate so they could design their own bag.

Oh, I haven’t listened the second reason I’m raving about these! Well Karen, the owner of Venezie Bags, happens to be one of my best friends so of course I want to help spread the word about her wonderful work. And it is wonderful because if it wasn’t, I surely wouldn’t be blogging about it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is genius! I was just about to buy fabric to make no less than six custom bags for my bridesmaids, and voila, there you were! What a GREAT idea, and you saved me three weeks of my already dwindling time! Julie