Thursday, July 3, 2008

Easy Appetizers

As promised, I'm going to share some easy appetizers for you to take along to your next summer party.  The first one is very easy but don't roll your eyes, sometimes it's the easiest things that are underestimated.

Fruit Salad
This is so easy to do, simply pick whatever fruit you want to use and mix it together in a pretty bowl. If you're creative and have some time, make a watermelon basket to use as the bowl. I made this for a Memorial Day party in May and it was gone so fast I almost didn't get any (I underestimated it too).  I used strawberries, blueberries, grapes, honeydew melon, pineapple and kiwi. I'm making another one of these for this weekend.

The second one I have to credit my sister-in-law who made this for a recent party and it was fabulous. Of course I emailed her the next day for the recipe!

Simple Summer Dip
Combine the following ingredients in a bowl:
2 cans black beans, rinsed & drained
1 bell pepper, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
1 avocado, diced
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped

In another bowl combine the following:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Add this to the first bowl and mix well. Chill & serve with tortilla chips (scoops work best), toasted pitas or any other chip or cracker of your choice.

Enjoy!

0 comments: