Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dreary Day Pick Me Up

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend! Mine was absolutely wonderful, the weather was great and we had parties and cookouts every day. It was so much fun to spend quality time with great friends and family.

Now today...well it's been a long one. The rain has returned and we've been having thunderstorms all day long. Needless to say having the boys stuck in the house (again) I didn't get much done today, and my very lengthy "to do" list didn't get much attention which means tomorrow will be a busy one. I needed a little bit of a pick me up to lift my spirits on this dreary day so I did some quote searching and found a few. I thought it'd be nice to share. They all touched me in a different way, perhaps they'll do the same for you.

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." ~ Lou Holtz

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself." ~ Lucille Ball

And here is the last one:

What is Life?
Life is an Adventure...Dare it
Life is a Beauty...Praise it
Life is a Challenge...Meet it
Life is a Duty...Perform it
Life is a Love...Enjoy it
Life is a Tragedy...Face it
Life is a Struggle...Fight it
Life is a Promise...Fulfill it
Life is a Game...Play it
Life is a Gift...Accept it
Life is a Journey...Complete it
Life is a Mystery...Unfold it
Life is a Goal...Achieve it
Life is an Opportunity...Take it
Life is a Puzzle...Solve it
Life is a Song...Sing it
Life is a Sorrow...Overcome it
Life is a Spirit...Realize it
~ Anonymous

0 comments: