Monday, September 20, 2010

Summer Wedding Celebration

When I was first contacted by Bethany for her August wedding I was happy for many reasons.  For one we went to school together as kids and it had been years since I'd seen her and another, I knew I'd have the opportunity to work with the J & L Catering team once again.  The little details that Bethany & Andy incorporated into their wedding were wonderful, they truly captured what a wedding should be about - the bride & groom and their life together.  That's exactly what their day was about. 

They were surrounded by friends and loved ones not only from Massachusetts but also from England and Africa (where they met).  I could've sat and talked to the ring bearer all day long as I loved listening to his accent, it was truly awesome.  One of my favorite elements of this wedding were the favors for the guests.  The favors were photos that Bethany had taken on her travels around the world, placed in simple glass frames.  On the back of each one she wrote the location and date as well as the name of the person receiving it.  Not only were they beautiful but I don't think you can really get more personal than that.

Here are some photos from their wedding day, courtesy of Ericson Photography.

The bride enjoys a moment with her mother & sister


The ring bearer pillow was made with a blanket from Africa


The beautiful cocktail tables -
I loved how the red & yellow popped against the black & white damask!


The happy couple


African themed animals were used instead of traditional numbers. 
This was my favorite.


I was honored to be a part of such an amazing day. Best wishes to Bethany & Andy for a beautiful life together!  Special thanks to Candi & Steve of Ericson Photography for the gorgeous images!  It was great working with you!

1 comments:

Candi Wolley said...

Hi Shelby! You did such a great job on this wedding! I did smile at our favorite giraffe... :)

I hope you are doing well and staying smiling during the busy wedding season right now! Lots of Fall colors to work with and I can just imagine the beautiful events you and I are about to witness!!

Talk to you later,
Candi